I. Discussion Items
Rationale: October Meeting Agenda:
1. Finance/Budget Report: See attached budget and finance reports.
2. Well at Fisher's: Thank you to the bus drivers, maintenance, and food service for your work to make the transition to Richland while we are addressing the water issue at Fisher's. Not sure what our response will be in the near future, we are waiting for the State to give approval for a new well.
3. Fall Technology Fair: Thank you to food service and custodial/maintenance support for the tech fairs, APL training, and parent-teacher conferences.
4. Safety Review: We are required to conduct an annual safety review. Lloyd from Nesbitt and Associates has completed his report. Ronnie will work with each building on addressing the issues identified in the safety report.
5. Strategic Plan Update: We will be finalizing our progress reports on the district strategic plan during the month of October. We are scheduled to revisit the plan as a staff/community in November.
6. Portal: Thank you to the maintenance/custodial staff for your work on keeping the maintenance portal up to date. This document keeps the board and administration abreast to the progress on requested maintenance items.
7. Parent-Teacher Conference: The administration discussed 1st quarter parent-teacher conferences and are making the following recommendation for 3rd quarter:
1. Workday is from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
2. Activity practices must be completed by 9:00 am.
3. Conference time would be from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm.
4. Each building is responsible for lunch/supper. The district will allow 30 minutes for lunch and 30 minutes for supper.
8. 2019-20 Certificated Staff Negotiations: The board of education held their first meeting with the SEA negotiations committee on Monday October 22nd. New insurance rates were released yesterday (4.9% Increase) See attachment. The board and SEA negotiations teams will meet a second time on Monday, November 5th. Two items of consideration:
Staff Movement on Salary Schedule: $133,000 increase
Insurance Premium Renewal: $110,000 increase
8. Health Insurance: We will be offering on open enrollment period for changing insurance programs beginning in January 2019. This dual option allows employees to elect to participate in a high deductible ($3,500) and use the premium savings to enroll in a healthcare savings account. Please let Penny know if you are considering moving to the higher deductible by December 1st.