|January 8, 2019 at 9:00 AM - SAA Weekly Meeting|
I. Discussion Items
1. Book Review: .Chapter 5 (221-261): Student Culture - Michelle Burton
4. Early Retirement Eligibility: We updated the list of teachers meeting the minimum age of 55. In order to be eligible for state retirement, they must also meet the Rule of 85. In order to be eligible for an early retirement district incentive, they must also have a Masters Degree or equivalent and 10 years of service. If you have teachers who are 55 or older, and don't meet all of the qualifications of the early retirement policy, the board has considered partial incentives if the number of qualified candidates do not access the program.
5. Gallup Clifton Strengths: Please make sure all of your building NEW staff completes the survey.6. Professional Development Workshop: We are working on the schedule for the professional development workshop to be held on January 21st. Lyle Wells from the Flippin Group has agreed to do our keynote presentation. We will also host trainers and consultants from Renaissance and ECRA Group. Dr. Gibbons will discuss schedule options with the group.
7. OCR Review: 2017-18 Civil Rights Data Collection (CRDC), the Advance Website (AWS) is still NOT OPEN! Kim said the site has not opened yet and will contact you when it opens if she needs information from you.
8. 2019-20 Calendar Discussion: Dr. Gibbons will have a draft calendar for the 2019-20 school year with the corresponding dates for 2018-19. I will meet with the SEA later in January to discuss their input.
9. Board Reports: Due to Christmas break, January board reports are due on THURSDAY, January 10th.
10. 2018-19 Teacher/Program Needs: Staffing needs for 2019-20 will need to be completed and submitted to me by February 1st. Please focus on your teacher needs at this time. We will address support staff needs by March 1st.
11. Support Staff Monthly Meetings: See the district meeting site for the January support staff and SEA meeting schedule.
12. Principals/Director Salary Considerations: The board of education will be acting on administrators 2019-20 salaries in January and will take formal action on your contracts in February. I will complete the array comparability study over the next two weeks. Please complete your review of array salaries and submit your review to me as soon as possible.