|February 13, 2015 at 2:00 PM - SEA Monthly Meeting @ Central Office|
I. Discussion Items
Rationale: 1. January/February Professional Development: Discussion and comments.
2. April 23/24 Professional Development: We are working with principals on the teacher/administrator evaluation system considered for implementation during the 2015-16 school year. We may use one of these days to introduce this system to the staff.
3. 2015-16 Calendar: Review staff recommendations and discuss process for board adoption.
4. 2015 Strategic Planning: See 2014 and 2015 priorities as adopted by the board of education. Housing survey to be completed in the near future by all staff.
5. Staffing/Budget Considerations: Principals are in the process of reviewing programs and staffing needs for the 2015-16 school year. These recommendations are due March 15th.
6. Requisition/Inventory: The COOP Purchasing will be open on February 23rd. The program is like last year with a few exceptions. There is only one catalog with items from several companies. You can select several items in your cart and only need to submit once. These will be due Monday, March 30th. Mr. Droge will be providing instructions for staff. The regular requisitions for items not included in the coop purchase are available now and are due on May 1st. Inventory updates will be due prior to leaving for the summer.
7. Summer School: We are beginning discussion on summer school programs. Under our present contract agreement, teachers will be paid $18 per hour and special education teachers will be paid $20 per hour. In compliance with your new negotiated agreement, this wage will be $20 for all teachers beginning the summer of 2016.
8. Incentive Pay: We are working with the middle school leadership team on the staff incentive pay program for the 2014-15 and 2015-16 school years.